The Valley Day School works with student in grades K through 12. We have 10 homerooms containing no more than 12 students per room. The Upper School consists of the homerooms that hold students in grades 9 through 12. Features of the Upper School include:
- 1 certified special education teacher and 1 paraprofessional for each classroom.
- Multi-grade grouping with more than 1 grade assigned to a classroom.
- Most of the academic classes are taught within the homeroom classroom.
- Students participate in special classes including Physical Educaiton, Music, Computers, Art, Industrial Shop, Heath and Information Technology.
- Students with a "C" average can take electives in 7 different classes.
- Participation in all state examinations.
- Qualified students have the ability to participate a paid and unpaid work/study for up to 4 days per week.
Valley Day provides Varsity and Junior Varsity experiences for high school students in Soccer, Basketball and Softball. The students can also participate in numerous sports activities in conjunction with the Physical Education Program.