Welcome to Valley Day School!
Thank you for taking the time to visit our new hire page where you can find links to all necessary employment clearances required by our school district to become part of the Valley Day School staff.
In order to begin employment in any Pennsylvania School, all employees are required to complete the following mandatory clearances and provide all necessary documentation as outlined below.
You may access the direct links to the websites and documents by clicking on the blue highlighted titles below.
Act 153 Required Clearances for Employment
All clearances and TB test must be dated within one (1) year of hire date.
- Act 34 Criminal History Request: The Criminal History Request is payable via credit card. Please enter EMPLOYMENT under REASON when completing the application. Print and retain your email/receipt containing the control number (e.g.: R12345678). Results are usually available right away.
- Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance: The Child Abuse Clearance is payable via credit card. You will receive an email confirmation with instructions to view the status at any time. You will also receive a letter, mailed to the address you provide. We will need the original letter for your personnel file. Results may take up to 14 business days.
- Act 114 FBI Fingerprints: The FBI Fingerprint Clearances require you to set up an appointment to get your fingerprints taken at a location near you. Please enter IdentoGO Code 1KG6V5 during the online registration process and select a location and appointment time convenient to you. Please print the pre-enrollment form to take to your appointment with a check, money order, or credit card. Results are usually available within 7 business days.
- School Personnel Health Record: TB Test and Physical to be completed by a physician. All employees must have a negative PPD (TB) test result prior to employment. Please schedule a TB test appointment with a local practitioner right away. TB test results take approximately 3 days from the test administration date.
All employees in Pennsylvania School Districts are required to provide hard copies of all of the above clearances at least one (1) business day prior to their first day of employment.
All clearances are valid for sixty (60) months and must be renewed in a timely manner before the expiration date(s).
Transcripts, Certificates & References
Prior to your first day and before receiving your contract from Valley Day School, the following prerequisites must be met:
- A Valley Day School administrator must witness original transcripts, if applicable, for salary consideration. These documents are used to assure appropriate placement on the current salary scale. While we would prefer to receive an original from the college or university, Valley Day School will accept copies for your personnel file.
- If applicable, a Valley Day School administrator must see your original certificate from the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Valley Day School will not hold your original PDE certificate in the personnel file. However, an administrator must witness the original and initial and date - indicating it is derived from a witnessed original.
- Valley Day School administrative personnel must verify your years of professional experience not including student teaching and/or practicum placements.
- You must complete your portion of the I-9 form required under federal law, and the remainder must be completed by a Valley Day School administrator or secretary. In order to complete the I-9 form, you have to supply documents that establish your identity and employment eligibility.
Please make sure that the information you give regarding coursework credits you have successfully completed, years of professional experience, and references will be verified and should be as complete and accurate as possible.
New Hire Documents
In addition to the required clearances listed above, please print and complete the following new hire documentation packet:
- Employment Application: Please create an account and complete the application process online.
Form I-9 - Employee Eligibility Verification: Please complete Section 1, print, and sign the form. Please note that you MUST bring the required forms of identification. Refer to page three for Lists of Acceptable Documents that must be presented with the form.
Act 24 Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification: Please print, complete, and sign the PDE Form 6004 Form.
- W-4 Form: Please print, complete, and sign the W-4 Form.
- Act 168 Disclosure: Please print, complete, and sign the Sexual Misconduct Abuse/Disclosure Release.
Please note that some of the above forms may be completed online, but must have an original signature for your VDS personnel file.
Thank you once again, we look forward to welcoming you to the Valley Day School!