Act 153 Required Clearances for Employment
Welcome to Valley Day School!
Thank you for taking the time to visit our new hire page where you can find links to all necessary employment clearances required by our School District in order to become part of the Valley Day Staff.
In order to begin employment in any Pennsylvania School, all employees are required to complete the following mandatory clearances.
All clearances and TB test must be dated within one (1) year of hire date.
- Act 34 Criminal History Request: The Criminal History Request is payable via credit card. Please enter EMPLOYMENT under REASON when completing the application. Print and retain your email/receipt containing the control number (e.g.: R12345678). Results are usually available right away.
- Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance: The Child Abuse Clearance is payable via credit card. You will receive an email confirmation with instructions to view the status at any time. You will also receive a letter, mailed to the address you provide. We will need the original letter for your personnel file. Results may take up to 14 business days.
- Act 114 FBI Fingerprints: The FBI Fingerprint Clearances require you to set up an appointment to get your fingerprints taken at a location near you. Please enter IdentoGO Code 1KG6V5 during online registration process and select a location and appointment time convenient to you. Please print the pre-enrollment form to take to your appointment with a check, money order or credit card. Results are usually available within 7 business days.
- School Personnel Health Record: TB Test and Physical to be completed by a physician. All employees must have a negative PPD (TB) test result prior to employment. Please schedule TB test appointment with a local practitioner right away. TB test results take approximately 3 days from test administration date.
All employees in Pennsylvania School Districts are required to provide hardcopies of all of the above clearances at least one (1) business day prior to their first day of employment.
All clearances are valid for sixty (60) months and must be renewed in a timely manner before expiration date(s).
New Hire Documents
In addition to the above required clearances, please print and complete the following new hire documentation packet:
- Teacher Employment Application: For teachers only. Please print, complete, and sign the Teacher Employment Application ONLY IF you are applying for a position as a CLASSROOM TEACHER.
- Employment Application: Please print, complete, and sign the employment application for all other positions.
Form I-9 - Employee Eligibility Verification: Please complete Section 1, print, and sign form. Please note that you MUST bring required forms of identification when you drop off your packet. Refer to page three for Lists of Acceptable Documents that must be presented with the form.
Act 24 Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification: Please print, complete, and sign the PDE Form 6004 Form.
- W-4 Form: Please print, complete, and sign the W-4 Form.
- Act 168 Disclosure: Please print, complete, and sign the Sexual Misconduct Abuse/Disclosure Release.
Please note that some of the above forms may be completed online, but must have an original signature for your VDS personnel file.
If you have any questions, please contact:
215.295.1155, ext. 103
Thank you once again, we look forward to welcoming you to The Valley Day School!