The Valley Day School is proud of our commitment to the use of instructional technology. We believe that the effective use of instructional technology is vital to teaching today's students.
In addition, our technology helps us better teach a diverse student population with different needs. Within Valley Day School you will find:
- The first holographic computer lab in SE Pennsylvania
- First in the nation full interactive gym
- First in the region Wizeflor floor projection system
- A laptop assigned to each child to used in the instructional day
- IPads available to each class
- Music and publishing labs via Apple technology
- Online classes that can be used for credit recovery
- Advanced instructional technology within the content curriculums
- Enhanced sound field technology in every homeroom that can improve student focus and auditory reception of the instruction
- Laser and computer technology networked to the shop, textile and art classrooms
- Students can download books from our library 24/7 using Overdrive
We also use technology to communicate with families and the school community. Our One-Call-Now system sends text and voice messages to families regarding weather closures and timely informational updates. The school community can also follow us on Facebook and can communicate through our email system.